Are you looking for your first role in procurement or are you a buyer looking to increase your procurement knowledge working for a business operating across a broad range of categories including Food & Drinks, GNFR, Utilities and Finance?
Beacon Purchasing are now recruiting a buyer to work in the drinks category of our York based purchasing team. Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
The purpose of the role is to achieve best in market commercial deals with key supply partners, offering competitive terms across the full spectrum of the categories in which we operate.
The role holder will improve deal penetration and maximise differentiation from competitor buying groups through the sourcing, development and promotion of relevant and appropriate drink supply solutions to increase share of category mix.
Negotiate and identify market-leading commercial terms with suppliers considering quality, service and price, and rebates plus other supplier financial support to maximise cash flow and revenue generation, ensuring suppliers pay promptly in line with agreed terms. Work closely with key stakeholders to develop profitable category strategies appropriate to individual business channels.
- Develop sector and category expertise – demonstrating expertise and leadership at relevant industry forums, and sharing knowledge with internal/external stakeholders, to enhance Beacon’s credibility in the market. Represent the company at conferences and industry / networking trade events as required.
- Revise supplier pricing in agreed key categories towards a ‘net plus’ structure where applicable, enabling Beacon to have greater control over margins, price analysis, and the creation of supplier programmes.
- Carry out regular price comparisons of Beacon supplier terms against the market place and each other, in order to deliver better pricing. Ensure timely and accurate communication of supplier price and product changes to the sales team and customer base.
- Agree, implement and maintain business reviews and meeting schedules with each supplier, in line with their trading agreement and current/potential value to Beacon. Ensure all trading information is professionally presented and make recommendations to grow and develop business through appropriate Beacon sales and marketing channels in line with supplier segmentation
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN OUR PURCHASING TEAM??
The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and be confident in managing relationships with senior level supplier representatives and managing high value relationships and supplier accounts. They will also possess strong analytical skills and be competent with management information analysis. A degree would be desirable but not essential.
- Educated to degree level or at least 1 year’s professional experience
- Working towards CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) or willing to learn this qualification
- Knowledge of the drinks market sector
- Experience in supplier negotiations
- Shows initiative, drive and enthusiasm and exudes a positive “can do” attitude.
- Passion and determination to deliver the best possible commercial outcomes for company and customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively across all stakeholder audiences
- Ambition to succeed on an individual and team level.
- Displays initiative in the work place – pro-active.
- Proven eye for detail / accuracy.
In return for your hard work we offer a fantastic benefits package!
- Full training
- A competitive salary
- Benefits including 26 days holiday (increasing to 31 with service), company bonus, pension, life assurance, income protection, employee discounts and additional day off on your birthday
- The opportunity to develop a career within the company
- A working environment where you will make a difference and won’t be just a cog in the machine
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
- Beacon – a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to over 2,000 customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
- Best Western Great Britain “Hotels with Personality” – the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the World
If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career- Why not click ‘apply’ today?