The position of Data Analyst is a key operational role within the commercial function who’s primary focus is that of advising the business through the use of smart reporting techniques, recommendations for improved commercial opportunities. The role is critical to the delivery of the business commercial improvement program and will work across all business functions to construct reports and recommendations from data sets that will allow the business to deliver smarter purchasing options for customers as well as preferential terms with key suppliers.
• Perform regular and detailed analysis and reporting suites using the data from a variety of sources, including but not limited to customer turnover with Beacon suppliers, supplier income and product line by line data, with the aim of providing a consolidated update to the wider Beacon team on performance and enabling a more focussed approach to be taken
• Use smart data modelling practices to analyse findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes, considering the opportunities and potential risks attached to each suggestion to review with the Business Intelligence Manager and Commercial director.
• Works proactively with Customers, Procurement and Suppliers to understand key markets and spend patterns within those markets by performing gap analysis that ensures our customer proposition is always optimal.
• Creates customer specific savings reporting mechanism to highlight the ongoing savings delivery Beacon is delivering.
• Utilises a variety of data sources and works collaboratively with Procurement to identify opportunities for consolidation and from this customer savings opportunities.
• Provide detailed advice and support to the SLT in setting their individual team financial targets
• To act as primary contact for scoping, development and review of current, future and ongoing reporting requirements in line with business requirements
• To support the Data Analyst in producing and maintaining user guides covering the creation of and best use of reporting generated, and support the users with training as necessary
• Support operational managers as required to ensure Beacon achieves and exceeds business goals
• Commitment to customer service excellence, providing a high level of service delivery to both internal and external customers at all times
The role holder will be a Brand Ambassador and therefore possess strong communication skills and good commercial acumen, patience, and the ability to deliver a message in the most effective manner for the specified audience. The ability to work with and manipulate data from a variety of sources, in differing formats to achieve accurate reporting is essential.
• Evidence of working with numerical data from a range of sources, showing accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience in communicating findings with others in a precise, simple way, allowing for the correct interpretation of data
• Proven track record of supporting management with implementation or roll-out of new reports and effective ways of working
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
• Commercially astute, with a focus on ROI and delivery of results
In return we offer a fantastic benefits package!
- ·A competitive salary
- ·26 days holiday (increasing to 31 with service)
- ·Additional day off on your birthday
- ·Benefits including company bonus, pension, life assurance, income protection, employee discounts
- ·Career and learning opportunities with the ability to develop a career within the company
- ·Employee discounts
If you wish to learn more about the role please request a job description by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com