The Desktop Support Technician will provide a point of contact for all staff to receive support within the organisations desktop computer environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all end user hardware to ensure optimal performance with minimal disruption. They will actively research and promote new and existing technologies across the company. They will also assist in the maintenance of a modern stable network infrastructure assisting in the support of all hardware and software within the business including desktop and server infrastructure, networking, mobiles and fixed telephony.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
• Assist in the implementation of relevant company strategies for the company business plan.
• Ensuring calls are resolved and escalated within agreed service levels.
• Monitor and maintain all desktop computers within ICH and advise other members of the Infrastructure & Support Team where appropriate.
• Support end users with all elements of ICT hardware and software that have been deployed by ICT for business use. Encouraging best practice across ICH with systems and software, providing training where required
• Preparation and maintenance of end user guides, IT documentation, procedures and reports
• Advise Infrastructure and Support Manager of any suggested operational procedures that may improve efficiency.
• Conduct research on all desktop hardware products in support of PC procurement. Evaluate and recommend products to purchase.
• Commitment to customer service excellence, providing a high level of service delivery to both internal and external customers at all times.
• Ensure that a positive and professional company and brand image is upheld and projected at all times to customers and colleagues.
• Attend training as required by the Company and take responsibility for own self-development.
The Desktop Support Technician will possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to communicate with people of all technical abilities. They will be a natural problem solver and possess the ability to accurately follow and create documented procedures. Above all the Desktop Support Technician will have a passion for offering excellent customer service to our internal customers.
Although previous experience in a similar role would be desirable we are happy to train and support a recently qualified person looking for their first role in desktop support.
It is essential that applicants hold either an A-level or College ICT qualification
•A competitive salary
•26 days’ holiday
•Additional birthday day off
If you would like to advance your career by joining our talented staff community apply by sending your cv to email@example.com today!