We are looking for a highly experienced hospitality professional to join us as our Head of Procurement.
The Head of Procurement will own the procurement function for Beacon Services and lead a team of buyers gaining access to competitive commercial deals on behalf of our customers. They will provide effective and inspiring leadership to the Procurement team and maintain a high-performance and positive culture.
The Head of Procurement will be required to improve deal penetration and maximise differentiation from competitor buying groups through the sourcing, development and promotion of relevant and appropriate supply solutions to increase share of category mix.
• Responsible for the effective strategic leadership of the Procurement function and team within Beacon, effectively communicating strategy and ensuring that the appropriate operational and strategic actions are taken towards successful delivery of income-generating and cost-management activities to support financial and delivery targets
• Working closely with Beacon Senior Management Team colleagues to develop an annual rolling business plan and quarterly detailed plans
• Oversee the development of procurement services supporting the delivery of net profit targets, improved margins/yield, and revisions to product portfolio
• Lead and support the negotiation of market-leading commercial terms with suppliers and work closely with the Sales and Commercial teams to develop profitable category strategies appropriate to individual business channels
• Demonstrate category and sector expertise and leadership at relevant industry forums, to enhance Beacon’s credibility in the market. Represent the company at conferences and industry / networking trade events as required.
• Identify market trends and evaluate new suppliers, products and services. Evaluate and respond to customer & sales team requests for new national and regional supply solutions.
• Lead the revision of supplier pricing in relevant key categories towards a ‘net plus’ structure
• Set the framework for the collation and analysis of data to ensure a sound Beacon position in negotiations. Ensure a mutual and effective sharing of data with the sales team to optimise supplier terms & services.
• Negotiate and manage designated supplier agreements with third parties supporting the Procurement function
• Review all partnerships to assess cost-effectiveness and relevance to Beacon’s current and future business model
The successful candidate will possess outstanding food and beverage knowledge and experience. Particular focus will also be on your leadership skills, you will have strong motivational capabilities and be able to create and maintain a high-performance team through coaching, mentoring and supporting team members, and by providing them with the space and opportunity to develop.
You will also have extensive experience of planning and executing category strategy and managing supplier relationships at the highest level. Experience of budgeting and forecasting and drafting and reviewing contracts and service level agreements is also a requirement.
If you are looking for your next challenge and wish to advance your career by joining our exceptionally talented staff community as the Head of Procurement send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org