We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Security Engineer to join our team in York.
Working with the Infrastructure and Support Manager, the Network Security Engineer will develop information security plans and policies for the business. They will provide and maintain a modern stable and secure network infrastructure. Plan and carry out security procedures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks, meeting any compliance measures that are required by the company.
• Ensure all ICH IT systems including PC’s, phones, Networks, Servers and server applications meet security standards and best practices.
• Monitor and test for vulnerabilities, security breaches or intrusions of any of the ICH supported networks.
• Assist in the design and implementation of relevant ICT strategies for the company business plan.
• Assisting Infrastructure Support with escalated calls to ensure all work is completed within any agreed service levels.
• Support ICH end users with all elements of security for the IT hardware and software that have been deployed by ICT for business use, ensuring knowledge transfer into the Desktop Support Team.
• Monitor and maintain all servers and desktops within ICH and advise Infrastructure Support Manager where appropriate on any changes.
• Maintain an appropriate working lifecycle for all ICH hardware to ensure the company is at the forefront of technological developments.
Our Network Security Engineer will have experience of planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures. They will be competent at designing secure networks, systems and application architectures as well as possessing excellent working knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems.
Additional essential experience required-
• Knowledge of windows networking and technologies such as DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
• PC hardware and peripherals knowledge
• Experience configuring firewalls and networking
• In depth knowledge of virtualisation, ideally using Hyper V
• Experience of network managed antivirus solutions
• Working with IP telephony systems
• Support and Maintenance of Microsoft Office 365
• In depth Microsoft Windows Server/Azure knowledge
• Knowledge of Cisco telephone systems and IP phones
• Knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches and Networking
Qualifications / Knowledge
• Working experience in an equivalent ICT role
• A-level/College ICT qualification
To apply for this role send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org