We are recruiting and Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our York based IT team.
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will support a modern stable network infrastructure assisting in the management and support of all hardware and software within Interchange and Consort Hotels including desktop and server infrastructure, networking, mobiles and IP telephony. They will ensure that all elements of the network meet the needs of the business and actively research and promote new and existing technologies across the company. The Infrastructure Support Engineer will also assist in the development and delivery of the ICT business plan.
• Installing, upgrading and maintaining all ICH IT systems including PC’s, phones, Networks, Servers and server application.
• Assist in the implementation of relevant ICT strategies for the company business plan.
• Assisting Desktop Support with escalated calls to ensure all work is completed within agreed service levels.
• Support ICH end users with all elements of IT hardware and software that have been deployed by ICT for business use.
• Monitor and maintain all servers and desktops within ICH and advise Infrastructure Support Manager where appropriate on any changes.
• Maintain an appropriate working lifecycle for all ICH hardware to ensure the company is at the forefront of technological developments.
• Conduct research on all server hardware and software products in support business plan and evaluate and recommend products to purchase and upgrade.
The role holder will have previous working experience in an equivalent ICT role. They be committed to customer service excellence, providing a high level of service delivery to both internal and external customers always. They will have working experience in an equivalent ICT role and hold an A-level/College ICT qualification.
Experience and knowledge of the following is also essential-
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and SQL maintenance and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of windows networking and technologies such as DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
• PC hardware and peripherals knowledge
• Experience configuring firewalls and networking
• In depth knowledge of virtualisation, ideally using Hyper V
• Microsoft Office knowledge including email clients
• Ability to work under own initiative on project based tasks
• Experience working in a customer facing role, particularly by telephone and email
• Experience of network managed antivirus solutions
• Working with IP telephony systems
• Support and maintenance of Microsoft Office 365
For your hard work we offer –
- A competitive salary
- 26 days’ holiday
- Additional birthday day off
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee discounts
We have a fantastic, friendly and fun working environment. If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career- Why not send your CV to email@example.com