We are recruiting a Trainee Accountant to join our Finance team in York.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wishes to study towards their accountancy qualifications!
The Trainee Accountant is responsible for a variety of processes across the department, making best use of the financial system and Microsoft Excel. The role includes a large amount of communication with external suppliers and internal customers.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TRAINEE ACCOUNTANT
- Complete the monthly Sales invoice process
- Complete daily cashbook entries and reconciliations
- Assist with payment runs to suppliers and register supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Make weekly expense payments to ICH employees
- Process monthly company credit card transactions
- Setup new customers and suppliers within the finance system
- Assist with all internal and external finance queries
- Create ad-hoc financial reports to assist internal stakeholders
- Assist the financial systems manager with ad-hoc processes
- Assist with the production of monthly management account schedules
- Provide main contact point for internal and external supplier queries
The Trainee Accountant will be committed to customer service excellence and be focused on providing a high level of service delivery to both internal and external customers at all times. They will be comfortable with providing administrative support within a busy office environment and have experience of inputting to databases, maintaining manual/electronic records and the analysis and manipulation of this data. Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages specifically Excel is essential.
The role will only suit someone who is committed to developing a career within a financial department and will be expected to study towards a finance qualification which will be funded by the company.
- In return we offer a fantastic benefits package!
- A competitive salary
- 26 days holiday (increasing to 31 with service)
- Additional day off on your birthday
- Benefits including company bonus, pension, life assurance, income protection, employee discounts
- Career and learning opportunities with the ability to develop a career within the company
- Employee discounts
We have a fantastic, friendly and fun working environment. If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career- Why not send your cv to email@example.com