We have an exciting opportunity for a commercially astute, dynamic individual to join us as our Head of Sales. The Head of Sales will manage both the office and field-based functions of our sales team.
The Head of Sales will be responsible for ensuring the effective management and growth of commercial relationships with existing customers, and the attraction of new customers to Best Western Hotels and Resorts – Great Britain.
• Working as part of the BWGB Management Team, developing, owning and delivering the strategic business objectives for the Sales team
• Promoting and encouraging good account management practices; ensuring the team effectively utilises all sales tools, technology and business measurements; providing guidance and support, identifying training needs and liaising with the Learning & Development Manager to appropriately address them; provide direction and motivation to ensure team members’ successful performance against monthly / annual targets
• Ensuring the team appropriately plan and execute their account management / campaign led activities through overseeing the delivery of robust telemarketing and field visit contact plans. Overseeing the team’s provision of accurate sales forecasting; ensuring account plans are in place for each customer and continually updated with all relevant information.
• Overseeing the RFP (Request for Pricing) process, ensuring effective pricing decisions, acceptance and rate loading in a timely manner.
• Effectively budgeting and forecasting new business activities – preparing annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
• Attending and presenting at conferences and meetings with key potential customers to generate business leads and raise awareness
THE PERSON SPECIFICATION
The Head of Sales will have a proven track record of effective sales team management and a stron background of successfully achieving revenue and business growth targets within a hospitality, travel trade or leisure organisation. They will be well connected within the industry and have a be accustomed to undertaking a leading role in contract negotiations.
They will be confident in taking ownership and determining sales revenue plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas and accurately projecting expected sales volume.
The role will be based at our York office.
Send your cv to email@example.com