We are looking for a Category Manager to join our Purchasing team in York.
The purpose of the role is to achieve ‘best in market’ commercial deals with key supply partners, offering competitive terms across the full spectrum of supply chain and service entities.
- To deliver ‘Go To Market’ Category Launch plans for your supplier portfolio into the field sales team and customer base.
- To mitigate potential future risk, improve deal penetration and maximise differentiation from competitor buying groups through the sourcing, development and promotion of relevant and appropriate supply solutions to increase share of category mix.
- To achieve all commercial targets in line with the business plan through effective management and interaction with the existing buying team and designated portfolio and/or projects.
- Delivers continuous improvement in all markets to provide a sustainable competitive advantage for Beacon and its customers
The post holder will have excellent negotiation, relationship building and influencing skills, have great analytical skills, and be a strong people manager.
The ideal candidate will have extensive supplier and category management experience, a proven track record in purchasing, and have experience of effective management of strategic suppliers.
Experience in third party purchasing consultancy will be an advantage.
For your hard work we offer-
·A competitive salary
·26 days holiday which accrue up to a possible 31 days
·Additional birthday day off
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
• Beacon – a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
• Best Western Hotels and Resorts GB – the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the world
If you are looking for your next challenge and wish to advance your career by joining our exceptionally talented staff community apply today!
Please email a current C.V. and covering letter including your current salary and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.