July 15, 2021 at 8:32 am #2104Lynsey MoffattParticipant
The Guide Post Hotel, Common Road, Low Moor, Bradford, BD12 0ST is a 42 bedroomed hotel, with a Restaurant and 2 function rooms. We cater for Weddings, Events, Funerals and Conferences.
We are currently looking for a Chef de Partie to join our team!
Are you looking for a job that gives you the opportunity to lead a team and perfect your skills, while providing a stable income, regular shifts and excellent career prospects?
If so, you are in luck as a Chef de Partie job can provide all of these things and much more! If you are a reliable, quick thinking, creative person then a job as a Chef de Partie may be the perfect job for you.
With a starting salary of £20,000, a Chef de Partie runs a specific section in a kitchen and reports directly to the Sous Chef. The role is made up of a variety of responsibilities including:
• Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes within the speciality section
• Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
• Preparing meat and fish
• Assisting with the management of health and safety
• Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices
• Managing and training any Commis Chefs
• Monitoring portion and waste control
• Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards
A good Chef de Partie will possess the following attributes:
• Knowledge and ability to run a section
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Ability to produce good quality food in all sections
• Good oral communication
• Team management skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Good level of numeracy
• Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
• Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
• Positive and approachable manner
• Team player qualities
If you are enthusiastic about self-development and embrace opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge whenever possible, you could build a long and rewarding career as a Chef de Partie progressing to a role as a Sous Chef or Head Chef if desired.
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important, with a Chef de Partie job you will often find that your shifts include days, evenings and weekends so be sure to consider your home and family commitments and choose a career that enables you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send an up to date CV, along with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Best Western Admin.
- The topic ‘Chef De Partie’ is closed to new replies.