- This topic is empty.
November 15, 2021 at 1:32 pm #2390Best Western AdminKeymaster
This position is suited to a chef passionate about food and quality seasonal local ingredients who is highly driven and looking to establish their name in the industry and local food scene.
As Head Chef, you will be responsible for running the main kitchen and driving forward the restaurant trade, but also encompassing breakfast, light lunches, afternoon teas and a busy wedding & banqueting trade throughout the year.
You should be ready and hungry for creative responsibility and interested in developing interesting menu’s and exciting modern dishes to help transform this aspiring business.
You will have the opportunity to promote your style and dishes over social media and other platforms with the support of an in-house photography and marketing team.
To be suitably qualified for this role you will be Head Chef (or at the very least Senior Sous) and have had experience of cooking to rosette standard.
You should have strong leadership and communication skills and be cuisine and service oriented. This is a hands-on role and requires both cooking flair and skills in building, developing and leading a team to collectively work towards these aspirational goals. You should have excellent man-management skills and good financial acumen – whilst being a strong kitchen manager to successfully take over the helm.
- Should have experience in a hotel in same position.
- Must have a good command of the English language
- Must be clean, smart and well presentable.
Variable but including the following:
- Breakfast 7.00am ~ 11.30am, Lunch 11.30am ~ 3.00pm, Evening 6pm ~ 11pm.
3. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients. Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyse recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labour, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff and organize appropriate training.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within the hotel.
- Work with management to ensure efficient, professional, and quality standards are being met. Resolve or assist workers to resolve work problems following the appropriate grievance procedures.
- SALARY £40k
This is a great position for an enthusiastic chef looking to push forward and enhance their career, achieve further accolades, and develop something really special in a beautiful hotel.
A fantastic opportunity for a Head Chef keen to make their mark, backed-up by experienced owners who are keen to grow this successful business.
*** To Apply, please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.