The Castle Inn Hotel is a stunning 45 bedroom 4-star hotel with an enviable location in the Lake District.
The hotel boasts refurbished bedrooms, restaurant, tavern, leisure club and event space for up to 200 delegates and private dining for up to 150 covers. Exciting further investment over the next 2 years will enhance public areas, kitchen and leisure club.
We seek a Sous to join our team and alongside the Head Chef, and in a brigade of 6, work with the best local produce, creating great food and driving an award winning team.
Your background will ideally be from a quality hotel or restaurant demonstrating excellent culinary skill and knowledge of associated compliance procedures.
Job role includes;
– Assisting Head Chef with menu development using seasonal, local produce
– Training of CDPs & Commis’
– Waste Management
– Kitchen Hygiene Management
– Helping to maintain a GP of 72% and upwards
– Running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
– Ensuring kitchen records are maintained and kept up to date at all times
– Placing orders in the Head Chefs absence, being mindful of cost by comparing suppliers
– Stock rotation
– Undertaking tasks given to you by the head chef
– Ensuring dishes are consistent and high quality at all times
The salary offered is up to £26,000 – Dependant on
This is permanent full time role.
Send CV to Tom Cobley – Deputy General Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: up to £26,000.00 /year
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.