- This topic is empty.
September 6, 2021 at 8:45 am #2209Best Western AdminKeymaster
We are looking for a confident, outgoing individual who would like to be part of a successful team working within a very busy 4* hotel & spa just off junction 24 of the M1. The hotel is on the direct 24-hour bus link to the airport from Nottingham, Derby & Leicester so easily accessible on public transport. We have large free parking facilities.
We have a busy Marco Pierre Whites New York Italian restaurant and busy conference and banqueting, so we offer variety within the role.
As our Sous Chef you will be responsible for contributing to the production of the highest possible food quality.
- Overseeing preparing, cooking and presenting dishes to specification within different sections of the kitchen for the Marco Pierre White Restaurant
- Managing and training any Chef De Parties, Commis chefs and trainees
- Helping the Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus for our conference and banqueting facilities
- Ensuring the team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
What we are looking for:
- Someone with experience as a Sous Chef in a hotel or restaurant kitchen
- An individual truly passionate about food with a proven track record of creating an inspirational dining experience
- Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
- A Chef who is passionate about engaging, inspiring, and taking ownership for the development of their team
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
This is a full time, permanent position with a salary in the range of £23,000 – £27,000 per annum based on skills and experience. In addition you will also benefit from:-
- Discounted membership to our spa and leisure facilities
- Uniforms and meals provided whilst on duty
- 28 days paid annual leave each year
- Gratuities circa £2000 per annum
- Free Parking
If you are interested in this role please send your up to date CV, along with a covering email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The topic ‘Sous Chef – Yew Lodge Hotel, East Midlands Airport Area’ is closed to new replies.